Saturday, December 18, 2010
Microsoft SideWinder X8 ReviewLooking for the right gaming mouse that suits your personal gaming preference and is able to boost your gaming performance sometimes is not as easy as picking up the freshest tomato from the market. Because of the price tag it carries, you would want to make sure the gaming mouse you purchase is worth every penny you paid. So, how does MicrosoftSideWinder X8 mouse fare? Is it worth your penny? Let's take a look.
If your top priorities for a gaming mouse are decent DPI, fits big hands well and with relatively up to date technology, then the Microsoft SideWinder X8 mouse is definitely worth your consideration. However, if you have small hands, than you probably want to avoid this one. And don't let its sharp looking design lure you into buying one! :)
If you wonder what are the differences between Sidewinder X8 and the Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse, which has a similar design and look, the differences are that the X8 mouse have increased DPI from 2000 to 4000, is wireless, but lack of adjustable weights.
Comparing to Logitech MX518, gamers reported that SideWinder X8 has a significant tracking improvement, much more precise even when set at resolution 2000 DPI.
Some of the key features of SideWinder X8 include:
• Play and Charge - The X8 Mouse is a gaming cordless USB drive mouse with a round disk with one end plugged into a USB slot. You can play wirelessly for up to 30 hours on a single charge, or use it as a cordless mouse with the play-and-charge cable for non-stop action. No more swapping or changing batteries as the mouse can recharge from this method while you use it.
• DPI Switching - You can instantly switch sensitivity between high, medium, and low with one click (250–4000 dpi). There are three LCDs on the front of the X8 to change the DPI on the fly. This feature works very well according to some users.
• 7 Programmable Buttons - The buttons are well laid out, so that you can easily and swiftly customize the buttons to fit your needs.
• 2.4 GHz Wireless - Built for lag-free play.
• Replaceable Mouse Feet - Choose among 3 different materials for glide preference.
• Macro Record - Easily record macros while in game with the dedicated button.
Pros of Microsoft SideWinder X8
* Excellent tracking with 4000 DPI
* Great battery life
* Customizable buttons
Cons of SideWinder X8 mouse
* Not for small hands
* Mouse feet pads not really the best
* Grip can sometimes be a problem, even for big hands
All in all, this Microsoft SideWinder X8 mouse is well-built, and can be considered well designed for the most part. You can regard this a all-rounded product worth getting at its price tag, but do expect a couple of glitches here and there.
Some reviews from SideWinder X8 users:
Pros - Wireless, long battery life, nice sensitivity good lookJunette Nebelski wrote:
Cons- Sometimes the mouse would disconnect and i would have to turn it off and turn it on. Also sometimes the mouse would just skip like it was lagging just had to move the receiver closer.
Overall- The product is good i would recommend it.
I like it for the most part but it is big for my hand and when I use it my hand cramps up after a while. Otherwise it functions well and is fast moving for computer action games.